Great Opportunity for someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of children. Brighton Center, Inc. is a private non-profit community based organization with the mission to create opportunities for individuals and families to reach self-sufficiency through family support services, education, employment and leadership.
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time cook to join our Bright Days program in our Early Childhood Education department.
- Plan and prepare developmentally appropriate healthy meals approved by the Child and Adult Care Food Program
- Ensure Center compliance with all federal and state laws, CACFP regulations and Brighton Center, Inc policies and procedures
- Prepare and plan healthy meals in accordance with the CACFP
- Develop and actively maintain positive communication with parents and encourage parent involvement in the program
- Maintaining the physical condition of the facility and ensuring a clean and safe environment
- Ensure that the learning environment and activities reflect program's philosophy and goals and CASFP criteria
- Submit and maintain appropriate records for paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Attend regularly scheduled employee meeting and special program events
- Assist and participate in agency special events
- Food preparation experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED plus basic reading and math skills
- Knowledge of use with Copy Machine, Vacuum Sweeper, dishwasher, washing machine & dryer, and microwave
- Needs reliable transportation to pick up food supplies
- Must have a clean driving record
Pay Rate:$10.50 per Hour Non Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.